|Day 1: Delhi - Agra.
We pick you up from the location of your choice in New Delhi, for the drive to Agra. The journey will take approximately four hours, hence an 8 a.m. morning start is recommended.
After arriving at Agra, check into your hotel.
In the afternoon begin your discovery of the historic city of Agra with a visit to the impressive red sandstone Agra Fort built by Akbar – the most illustrious ruler of the Mughal dynasty - in 1565 A.D. It was subsequently embellished with beautiful palaces, mosque and gardens by his successors. Replete with priceless examples of craftsmanship from the Mughal era, these include the exquisite Moti Masjid or Pearl Mosque, the Diwan-i-Khas, the Diwan-i-Am, Jahangir Mahal and Shish Mahal.
Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal, a pristine white marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife – Mumtaz Mahal. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, it took 20,000 workers from neighboring Islamic countries, 22 years of ceaseless toil to create this exquisite white marble monument upon which peopled have waxed eloquent throughout the world. Experience a splendid sunset viewing of the Taj Mahal and the return to your hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Agra - Fatehpur Sikri – Delhi
Check out of the hotel after breakfast and drive to Fatehpur Sikri, approximately a little over an hour’s drive. Constructed by Akbar between 1570 -1585 A.D., this red sandstone city houses many impresive architectural monuments. Most remarkable among these are the towering Buland Darwaza, the exquisite marble tomb of Salim Chishti (the Muslim mystic who gave his blessings to Emperor Akbar for a son), Panch Mahal, Jodha Bai’s Palace, Birbal Bhavan and the unique checkered Pachisi Court.
Break for Lunch.
After lunch, embark on your return journey to Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi in the late evening and we drop you at the location of your choice
End of our services.
HOTELS USED :
Royal Tour Level - Oberoi Amarvilas.
First Class Level - Taj View (Taj Facing Room) / The Trident.
Starting Price $189
Excellent pricing available for Delhi hotels.
Click here to Submit Enquiry
- One night’s hotel accommodation in Agra on a twin-sharing basis.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 noon for most of the hotels (but we can usually arrange earlier check-in).
- One breakfast at the hotel at Agra.
- Surface transport for Delhi-Agra-Delhi by your personal luxury A/C vehicle in case of 2 guests traveling together & personal A/C luxury SUV vehicle in case of 4 guests traveling together.
- Services of a professional English speaking local guide during sightseeing/excursions.
- Bottled mineral water for sightseeing/excursions and long drives.
- Assistance at all destinations.
Not included :
- Hotel accommodation in Delhi.
- Any personal expenses such as tips, laundry and drinks.
- Any extra meals (other than those specifically laid down).
- Personal Travel insurance, visa etc.
- Camera fees (both still and video).
- Entrance fees to Agra Fort, Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri , as per the itinerary.